Going to the beach this summer? Be sure to fit in some workouts on your vacation. No weights? No problem. Here’s a pool resistance training and cardio workout for your time away from the gym.
*perform 3 sets (:30 second sets) of each exercise
- Rotational Wake: Stand with your feet wider than shoulder width. Place your arms directly out in front of your body with your palms facing each other.Twist back and forth, driving your arms horizontally through the water.
- Chest Flyes: Extend each arm out to the sides. Bring the arms together, directly in front of your body.
- Sideways Shuffle: Stand sideways. Perform a defensive slide through the water across the pool and back to the starting position.
- Sprints to Backpedal: Sprint the width of the pool then backpedal to the starting position.
- Carioca: Stand sideways. Move your left foot over your right, then under your right. Proceed the width of the pool. Repeat moving to your right.
- One-Legged Squat Jumps: Perform one-legged explosive squat jumps for :15 on each leg.\