During each workout session, we try to incorporate some form of extended conditioning into one or two basketball drills. One of those drills is the Damien Lillard Defensive Slide & Shooting drill.
Purpose: conditioning; proper shooting form while fatigued
– Defensive slide along the endline
– Back pedal to the elbow
– Defensive slide to the opposite sideline
– Sprint to the middle for a jump shot
– Use a weighted ball for added resistance
– Emphasize proper technique (defensively & offensively) through the duration of the drill
– Tell players to “Explode!” when changing directions
Question of the Day:
What’s your favorite individual workout conditioning drill?